Friday, June 25, 2010

"This is what happens when you haven't written for years: every moment takes on a startling clarity; small things become the world in microcosm." - Extracted from The Hungry Tide.
Exactly, Amitav Ghosh. Each day that has passed right by me has witnessed my almost physical longing for pen and paper. And yet, when you start to write, it is not words that evolve. It is a concoction of feelings, of experiences, of observations you make while trawling through the mundane.

But then again, isn't that characteristic of, and even exclusive to, people?

7 comments:

T. Mukherjee said...

Write when you walk. Buy a Blackberry. Or just carry a pen and and a spiral notebook, everywhere. You know. Don't waste words. Don't. :)

Stuti said...

T.M (Can I call you that?), God no! I hate the Blackberry with a passion. But you are right. I now proceed to write anything that occurs to me. :)

Furkan said...

same happens to me...and now i have developed the habbit of running all the way to my room as soon words form into sentences in my mind and i type them down...:)...thank god it happens to so many people...i thot i was cursed..:S

Jesson Balaoing said...

nice post!

Rahul Bhatnagar said...

Happens to me too, consistently in fact, thats when I pray to Bon Bibi. :)

P.S. NEVER found anyone else who read 'The Hungry Tide'

Stuti said...

Rahul, Really? It is one of my favourite books by an Indian author. Amitav Ghosh and Lahiri always end up in a tie. :)

Also, is the story of Bon Bibi popular?

Rahul Bhatnagar said...

Well I only read of Bon Bibi in this book. And as for Indian authors, I prefer the comparatively direct renditions of Karan Bajaj.